SAN FRANCISCO–Today, Manifest MedEx (MX) is announcing major new progress toward the goal of connecting healthcare in California. The 18-month-old organization is announcing that it is adding Heritage California and Hill Physicians — two of the largest medical groups in the state — and Stanford Health Care to the network. This will bring an estimated 1.5 million patients to the health information network already covering more than 11 million Californians. As California’s health data utility, MX is quickly building on its mission of giving hospitals, providers and health plans the data they need to improve quality, reduce costs and improve patient experience. During the first six months of 2018, the nonprofit has already added major new participants, launched new products, created new economic incentives, and grown its team.
Heritage Provider Network covers 700,000 patients with its network of 2,800 primary care physicians, 6,600 specialist physicians, and more than 100 hospitals in Southern California. Hill Physicians has nearly 4,000 primary care physicians, specialists, sub-specialists, and consultants in its Northern California medical group. In addition to adding Heritage, Hill Physicians, and Stanford Health Care as participants, MX also reached key growth milestones during the first half of 2018:
- Launched the MX Notify product, a tool that updates clinicians and other care providers in real time when their patients are seen in the emergency department or are discharged from a hospital. Once notified, care management teams can contact patients the day of a hospital discharge to coordinate follow-up appointments and care, improving care coordination and reducing readmissions.
- Brought on Bob Jako, formerly a long-tenured executive in The Permanente Medical Group, as Director of People. Jako designed and implemented a wide variety of performance feedback and culture change programs in an innovative, technology-forward healthcare setting.
- Teamed with Inland Empire Health Plan as they pledged $6 million in incentives to regional hospitals that use the MX health data exchange this year as part of their 2018 pay for performance program.
- Collaborated with Blue Shield of California as they committed substantial financial resources to support their ACO partners in participating in MX.
- Successfully advocated for a California budget program that will bring $50 million to the state to accelerate health information sharing, through a 9-to-1 federal matching program.
- Over the next few months, MX will be working with the California Hospital Association and health plan, hospital, and provider leaders to drive a focused conversation about accelerating health information exchange in California.
“As we grow, we always have our mission — connecting healthcare in California — front of mind,” said Claudia Williams, CEO of Manifest MedEx. “We’re delivering information that helps hospitals, medical groups, and ACOs do the hard work of improving care coordination, reducing inefficiencies, addressing gaps in care, and enhancing the patient experience. The scale of participation we’ve seen in just 18 months shows that we are on our way to collectively improving the healthcare system and providing a better experience for everyone.”
Manifest MedEx is helping bring California healthcare into the digital age, enabling a healthcare system that is patient-focused, affordable, and high value. To join 200+ healthcare organizations in the MX network, visit www.manifestmedex.org.
About Manifest MedEx
As California’s leading nonprofit health data network, Manifest MedEx delivers real-time information to help healthcare providers and health plans care for millions of patients every day. Together, we are transforming the healthcare landscape across the state, supporting California as a leader in affordable, proactive, and compassionate medical care. For more information, visit manifestmedex.org and follow us on Twitter at @ManifestMedEx and on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/manifest-medex.
About Heritage California
Heritage Provider Network (HPN) is a limited Knox-Keene license organization in California which was founded in 1979 by Dr. Richard Merkin, President and CEO. HPN has been voted a top 10 provider delivery network by the California Association of Physician Groups and is one of the largest multi-specialty medical groups in California. This system represents a workable, successful business model that has been duplicated with medical groups, IPAs and medical facilities throughout California. HPN delivers high quality, patient centered health care to over 700,000 individuals and through its provider network contracts with 2,800 primary care physicians, 6,600 specialist physicians and over 100 hospitals. HPN is dedicated to quality, affordable health care and putting patients’ wellness first. www.heritageprovidernetwork.com
About Hill Physicians
Hill Physicians Medical Group is the largest independent physician association in Northern California. Since 1984, it has provided consumers access to quality, patient-focused healthcare. The group, comprised of over 4,000 primary care and specialty physicians, partners with leading health plans and hospitals, giving members access to healthcare in 11 counties spanning the Sacramento, San Joaquin and San Francisco Bay areas. Comprehensive case management programs, targeted clinical initiatives and a dedication to technological advancement place it at the forefront of the industry. Hill Physicians is consistently acknowledged as one of the top-performing medical groups in the state by The Integrated Healthcare Association and Association of Physician Groups. For more information, visit: www.HillPhysicians.com.
For Manifest MedEx