A Southern California-based federally qualified health center (FQHC) works hard to reach populations that are lacking infrastructure and don’t otherwise have access to high-quality healthcare programs. This FQHC delivers patient results that inspire, and they have built momentum especially with women’s health, newborn screenings, and diabetes prevention, as well as HIV testing and trans healthcare programs.
Receiving health data through MX has helped the FQHC to:
- Know immediately when a patient is in the hospital and the critical details of their health situation, which their case management team describes as “a blessing.”
- Improve care and reduce readmissions by scheduling timely, effective post-discharge visits and postpartum women’s health.
- Reduce the time previously spent calling and faxing hospitals for medical records, enabling their team to more efficiently coordinate care.
- Strengthen relationships with patients who trust and appreciate the case managers reaching out to make sure they are okay and have the care they need.
- Support patients who test positive for COVID-19 or whose care is disrupted as a result of the pandemic.
- Prepare for growth in patient volume due to anticipated rise in Medi-Cal enrollment and uninsured.